Our Lady Help of Christians is a Catholic Primary School catering for boys and girls from Prep to Year 6.
Our Lady Help of Christians was established on the 25th January 1937 by the then Parish Priest, Father Lynch. The Mother General of the Sisters of St Joseph provided sisters to staff the school. Sister Michael Xavier and Sister Amelda travelled from Nundah each day for two years until they were provided with accommodation in the present Presbytery.
The building which served as a school was also the church and Presbytery until 8th December 1946, when the present two storey building was opened as the school and church. The present church was opened on 3rd December 1961.
Government funding in 2010 enabled the school to refurbish and build to provide a learning facility that is contemporary and is well-maintained.
Currently, the school caters for students in Prep - Yr 6. Set in a growth area, and rapidly developing a reputation as a school of 'Excellence in Contemporary Education', the school is expanding towards a two stream school status.